Now that we have talked about the importance of giving away old books and how to unclutter your bookshelf, the question arises is ‘what to do with your old books.’ So today, in this post I will talk about what we can do with our old books.
- Donate to local libraries: The best thing you can do to your books is donating them. But the difficult question here is where to donate them. So what you can do is locate local libraries in your area and donate your books to them. This is one of the easiest ways to donate your books.
- Donate them to charity: If you want to donate your books to someone who needs them, then you can donate them to a local charity. You can look for local charities in your areas and donate your books there. Or you can also go for Mypustak, this is an online platform which is working towards making education available to all, by providing free books. You can get or donate books from there.
- Gift them to strangers: Now this is a little bit intimidating one. But you can do this in many ways, for example, you can put a ‘Free Book Box’, in a public place, say a clinic, a post office etc. But before doing that you have to ask for permission. If you don’t want to do this, then you can leave one book in a park or some other place with a note on it. Make sure you don’t leave books in public transport or any such place as it might become a problem there. Or you can spot a reader and just give them the book.
- Gift them to your loved ones: You can also gift your books to your friends. Just upload a picture of the book and ask your friends if they want to read to it. Whoever asks for it first will get the book. Or you can ask your friends personally according to their taste.
- Sell them online or offline: If you think that there are so many books and you want to sell some of them too, then you can sell them to local vendors or on online platforms like
That’s it guys, these were some of the ideas which I could think of. I hope you will find these points helpful. I will see you in the next post. Till then keep celebrating life.