Bird’s eye view of Delhi
Address: Kalindi Kunj Park, Abdul Fazal Enclave, New Delhi.
How to Reach: Take auto-rikshaw from metro station for Kalindi Kunj. DTC buses are available from these stations to Delhi Rides and the fare will be around Rs 10.
Timings: Daily from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Opens: All weekdays
“Delhi Eye” is the highest ferries-wheel ride or one of the India capital’s (Delhi) famous tourist attraction housed in an amusement park in Kalindi Kunj that offers rides mostly for kids, a 6D movie theater, and a haunted house, apart from food courts and gaming zones.
The Delhi Eye is a transportable Ferris wheel installation. The wheel has 36 air-conditioned cabins, each able to carry six-eight passengers. Soft music plays throughout the ride, which lasts 20 minutes in all. The glass bottom in the cabin offers you a view of the water park located below.
Reality: The Kalindi Kunj-based Delhi Eye offers which is supposed to give an unobstructed ariel view of Delhi could only show the Yamuna, a few buildings, a lot of construction work and not much else. It moves at a slow speed to not startle the inmates. The searching gaze does not really go as far. Perhaps for the levels of pollution or the direct sunlight rising from the direction where most of these monuments lay, these monuments couldn’t be seen. What one could observe, though, was the far reaching river Yamuna, on whose banks this ride has been installed.
- Height of the Wheel: 148 ft
- Number of Spokes in the wheel: 18
- Number of AC Cabins in the wheel: 36
- Seating capacity of each cabin: 8 persons (600kg)
- Total Wheel Capacity: 288 persons
- Duration of a single ride: 20 minutes which includes 3 full rotations
- Max. speed of the wheel: 4m per second
- Cost of ride(normal): Rs.250 per head
- Cost of ride(VIP Cabin): Rs.500 per head
Sneak peek into a post shared by Freddy Mathew @toothpics_fredd